Monday, December 6, 2010

Water, water, everywhere.

So, I know, I didn't get out a message last week, for that, I am sorry. I had a few problems and ran out of time. I will now attempt to give an acccount of what has transpired in the last two weeks.

First, It has been raining....a lot. In many parts of Colombia there is massive flooding and several major roads have been closed. The river Bogota, which runs about two blocks from our apartment, almost overflowed it's banks and into Engativa. It only faulted about 6 inches more of water. But don't worry. The past two days have been good weather-wise.We'll just have to see if it holds out. I so far haven't suffered much from all the water, only a bad cold. Note to self: Drink more agua panella with lime juice. =D

Despite all the rain we've been doing a ton of contacting lately. For example, in one day we did 37 contacts. One contact is to talk to a person and present a simple gospel message. Right now, this is our main way of getting people to teach. Through our contacts we found a great family of three, the Patino family. We are going to baptize them. We just have to figure uot exactly when. The holidays make such things very dificult.

Another fun thing....one of our greatest invetigators here, Joanna, got baptized yesterday!!! I love baptisms. Only thing was that there wasn't really hot water because the person who filled the font didn't know how to turn on the water heater. But that's okay, it was a member who baptized her. It actually made me remember a picture in the MTC of a missionary baptizing someone in a hole cut in the ice. I think it was Russia or something like that. ¡Qué frio! But that was cool. We are still working with a few of the others, butI have faith that we can baptize them all. I remember now, the words of a member who was on the plane with me here to Colombia. As I got off, he told me "Go and baptized the [H-E-double hockey sticks] out of 'em". The same general idea is expresed in the final admonition of the Savior in Matthew 28:19. I'm working on it.

Who here saw the Christmas Devotional from the First Presidency? I did!!! The talks and the music were great, but I left missing home a little bit. With President Uchdorf's talk it was kind of funny, because all the latins didn't understand what spiced cider was.... "Entoces es jugo de manzana, caliente, con algunas especias?" "Sí" ".....Ah....Bueno.....¿Yporqué le gusta eso?" I guess there are just some things you've got to experience for yourself.

So, sadly, that is all I have to report for now. I'll keep you posted on what happens this week.

Love you all,
Elder Gabe Rallison

Sneak peak at next week: not one, but two activities for Christmas! One by the mission with all the missionaries, and one by the ward. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment