Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas went well....

So we really didn't do much last week. What we did do was enjoy a great Christmas. For lunch we ate a kind of sancocho (a soup) and played with a pair a rabbits that the family had as pets. My companion to this day has plns to eat them. He says that rabbits as well as guinea pigs are very popular foods in Peru.


Oh before I forget, transfers are in!!! I, and my companion are both staying here, but I am getting a new zone leader, Elder Porflit!!! He's one of my best friends here in the mission. When I started here in Zipaquira, he was the companion, and son, of my district leader. How cool that now he's in my district again. =D

Back to Christmas......we celebrated in the normal fashion....if you're Colombian. Here, Christmas is celebrated at midnight on Christmas Eve. I was so tired that I almost slept through it all. But celebrate we did. Oh and we also ate ajiaco (another Colombian soup...and one of my personal favorites) with the Hermana Baquero.

My favorite part by far was talking with my family on Christmas day. I got to talk to them by webcam and everything! So much fun. I really can't belive how much everyone has grown and changed in the last year (especially Eli,....man he's gettin' big). It was really something special to see them and talk to them.

Hope you all have a Happy New Year...that is, Un Feliz Año Nuevo!!!!

-Elder Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment