Thursday, April 7, 2011

General Conference and more

It has been wild the past week.

On Thursday we went downtown. We had to get there early so we got up at five, got on a bus, and got to the office. We got the papers that we needed so that my comp could got to the doctor for an eye exam. He really needs them. Seriously, I have not ever seen anyone with eyesight that bad. The prescription that the doctor gave him is about three times mine. And I thought I was bad. So he put in the order for those, and we finally got back here about lunchtime. So that was fun.

On Saturday we had conference. YAY!!!!! So, our president says that each missionary should watch conference in his own language if possible, but sadly, after going to not one, but two stake centers, there was none to be had for the first session. So, I just watched in Spanish. I understood it all right, it was just a little distracting watching as their lips say one thing and I'm hearing another. Ah well. In the end, though, we were able to get a TV set up with English! I was able to watch the rest of conference in English (except for part of the Sunday morning session when we lost the audio...). That was fun, we were running around in circles, turning this or that dial, attempting in vain to restore the audio. It didn't work, but somehow it miraculously came back for the last session. =D

And what great messages. I don't remember who it was but I remember an amazing message about the importance of desire. that when we have a desire, that desire will bring us to making choices based on said desires, which then become actions. For "all will be judged according to theirs works and the desires of their hearts. Also one that talked about the importance of be instead of do. "Everyone has to-do lists but very few have to-be lists. This idea of being instead of just doing, it relates a lot to the mission. You don't just do missionary work, you are a missionary. And what a message from Elder Holland. I had never realized fully the amount of inspiration that goes into a conference message. I can't wait to get a Liahona or Ensign and read them, study them (hopefully in English). Oh and as a final thought, I noticed a lot of talk about marriage, about not waiting, of the importance of actively looking and working toward said goal. New personal goal, get married as fast as possible after the mission.....by the end of 2012? We'll see.

So, that's about it, I guess. It rained a lot on Sunday as we were walking home, and I ended up getting really wet and cold, and ending up with one of the worst colds of my life. i spent most of the day on Monday in bed with chills, had a rough time on Tuesday as well. Now I feel better, but I have almost completely lost my voice. But, all is well. Really, it is all good.

Love you all lots,
Elder (Gabe) Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment