Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Elder you've got a transfer." "What?......WHERE?!?!?!?!?"

The first thing that all must know is that I've had transfers. Yep. I was told that they were going to be a week late, so it was a bit of a surprise to hear that I was being transferred. The crazier came next....the where. I actually didn't believe it at first. Zipaquira!!!! Yeah, I'm now back in my first area. It actually feels really weird being here. I really don't know what President did it, but ah well, I'm here.

So I got my transfer on Monday, spent all day on Tuesday running from door to door saying goodbye to all in Engativá. That and packing. I had to go to the house of the district leader to spend the night there and then I had to go the next day by taxi to the zone leaders house, which just so happens to be on the other side of Bogota. Got there, and then I was stuck there all day waiting. My companion finally got there at three in the morning (he came in bus from Bucaramanga). We had to go and pick him up. And then get back to the house. It was an hour in the taxi each way. How enjoyable. So I finally got to sleep a bit a five in the morning. I am dog tired right now.

My companion is Elder Yarlique. He's from Peru. He's cool and I know him from somewhere......from when I was in Cañaveral. My luck. I have a lot of that. He worked in another area with his trainer while I was with Elder Godoy, but we all lived in the same house. So that´s all real cool.

We got out of Bogota this morning, finally got to Zipa, and went to the house. They had changed houses since last time I was here and the new one is huge. Love it. We unpacked a bit and got everything arranged, then we went to lunch with the Trujillo family. It was way weird. We were talking and I understood everything. Everything. Last time I talked to them I was so lost.

So right now I am feeling way nostalgic and very weird. Like I'm in a weird dream or something. I've thought of visiting or something like that, but really I NEVER thought I would be back here again. So weird.

I don't really have much more to say...I'll be seeing all you l8tr.

Love ya,

Elder Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment