Wednesday, March 17, 2010

From the MTC -about halfway through

Hola!
So I got the package. Thanks!!! Of all the stuff, the picture was by far my favorite. Followed 'closely' by the razor. The consensus among the distinct is that the warheads are the best, but that's probably my number three. Thanks again. I like it all a lot.
Wow, as of today I've been in the MTC for a total of four weeks. It seems like I've been here so much longer. Everyday seems to take ages, but before you know it it's P-day or Sunday again. I've learned and grown so much over the past few weeks, I can't hardly believe it. There isn't really much to report on the day to day basis, but overall, it's just good.
Last night we had Elder Quentin L Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve speak to us for Tuesday devotional. It was a phenomenal talk. He talked on the importance of teaching with the power of the holy ghost and committing people to change. It was inspiring. I took good notes and will probably have more to say in my letters. Towards the end of the talk he closed with a blessing for us. That the work that we do would bless those we serve in the field, and bless those at home. That we would be blessed, that our children would be blessed, and that our children's children will be blessed by me having served a mission. Wow.
Ah here we are. My notes from Sunday. Two cool things. One, we sang the primary song "We'll Bring the World His Truth" at the Sunday night devotional. The other, well...as far as I know I'm still the only missionary here at the MTC going to Colombia. But, while on the temple walk, I met an Elder from Colombia. How cool is that! His name was Elder Salatzar (I think that's how it was spelled) and he's from Burrcamanga. Only got to talk to him for a few minutes, but it was really cool.
Well...I think that's about it. Sorry, I forgot to bring my journal this time, and ergo don't have all my notes. If I come up with anything more I'll add it to next week's letter.
Love you all,
-Elder Gabriel Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment