Thursday, March 4, 2010

2nd week CCM (ccm is spanish for mtc)

This week has gone by so fast. I can hardly believe it's already P-day again. Not much seems to have happened though. I've learned a ton of Spanish and I get to go teach at the TRC again tonight. We will be doing door to door contacting in Spanish and then we will teach the first lesson, the Restoration, in Spanish. SO EXCITED!!!

In other news, had a great fireside last night, Bishop Edgely of the Presiding Bishopric. Talked about success and how often it will be seen in the years down the road, and not always right away. And guess who said the closing prayer...Elder (Shane) Larson. LOL. It was very funny. It's like, wait a second, I know that Elder! :D

I still don't really like the food here. I really miss my own cooking now. And yes, Seth is right. It gives everyone really bad gas. But other than that, life is good. My companion and my district are great, we all get along really well. And my zone leaders are awesome. Two more different guys could not be found. That's probably why they make such great companions. Elder Downs played college football for Wyoming. He's white as can be, 6'5", and really smart and competitive. Elder Tipa is from American Samoa. Yes, he is Samoan and about a head shorter than I am. Great personality, he's everyone's best friend. Yeah, they're pretty much awesome. And there is nothing like walking out into the hall and seeing a dozen guys in lava lavas doing the Hakka. Now that's cool.

With the Spanish, I'm whizzing along. Already covered present, future, conditional, preterit, imperfect, past and future conditional, and now I'm starting on passive voice. Memorizing lots of vocab and already have the missionary purpose in Spanish. I love this language and can't wait to share the message of the Restored Gospel in Spanish.

It sounds like you guys have had a lot going on lately. Sad Eli couldn't go camping, but it sounds like he had a lot of fun anyway. Got a message from Lyric. Glad she hasn't wrecked the car (yet). I wish her luck on the learning how to drive. Maybe this time around Dad won't be quite as uptight.

I hope everyone at home is feeling better now. That cold bug seems to have hit the family hard. Yes, I am receiving all the Dear Elders. Mail is manna from heaven for missionaries. No joke. Best thing in the world. After packages. :)

Love to all my family and all my friends. Buenos suerte in todos cosas.

-Elder Rallison
----------

Missionary Purpose (in Spanish)
--
Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo a fin de que reciban el Evangelio resurado mediante: la fe in Jesucristo y su expacion, el arrepentamiente, el bautismo, la recepcion del don del Espiritu Santo, y el perseverar hasta al fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment