Thursday, April 22, 2010

And an unexpected week from the MTC

Hola mi familia,
So, here is "hopefully" my last email from the MTC. I haven't yet received word that my visa is here, but I'm hopeful that tonight will be it. My last companion, Elder Ragusa, shipped out for Ecuador on Monday so I've been hanging with the younger district for the past little while. My new companion, Elder Torbenson is a beast at volleyball and is a really cool guy to study with. I'm enjoying the opportunity to better prepare myself to serve the people of Colombia. I can't wait to get out, don't get me wrong, but being held back isn't to terrible. I'm enduring it well. I can't wait to get to the mission. But when it comes it comes.
We had a great devotional last night about becoming true disciple of Christ. It was really good and I got a lot of really good stuff out of it. First, the only thing we have to give the Lord is our own will, our agency. Everything else is already his. Second, if we can conceive it and believe it, we can achieve it. This is so true of a mission. If you believe that you can't, that there's no way you can talk to that person, no way you can learn the language, no way you can be fully obedient to mission rules, then you can't. But if you believe in yourself and in the Lord, you can do anything. That simple. Third, when you pray make sure you remember Who you are praying to. Don't let your mind orbit the word several times before you even make it halfway through your prayer. Show some respect. Get down on your knees, focus, and speak to your Father. Give as much effort speaking to Him as you want Him to give in responding. Lastly, he said tat "As a disciple of Christ I am ______________________." Fill in the blank. Also, "As a disciple of Christ, I am not __________________." Do the same there. Find what needs your work and his help. It is really quite enlightening.
I love you all very much and I know that your Father in Heaven loves you too and wants nothing but the best for each and every one of his children. I know that my Redeemer lives and that through his Atonement we can become clean from our mistakes and be able to return and live with our Father in Heaven. I know that the Gospel is true and I cannot wait to share it with the people of Colombia. I would counsel you to seek the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost and pay head to his counsel. Les quiero.
-Elder Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment