Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Day, All Is Well (including me)

Hola todas de las personas,
I'm having a bad/good week this week. I was sick for most of the week with a really bad cold. Terrible sore throat kept waking me up at night. Turns out it was due to the incredibly low humidity of the recirculated air in all the buildings here. The problem was resolved, mostly by me drinking a ton of water in order to keep my throat from drying out while I'm sleeping.
This last Sunday was fast Sunday here at the MTC. We had a mission conference in the morning, it was really good, the mission president talked about the converting power of prayer and that we should always try to have our investigator pray at the end of the first lesson. It is through prayer that we can feel the confirmation of the Spirit as to the truth of things. My district is almost the old district. We have been here for six weeks now. We will be getting our flight plans next Thursday. I'm so excited. So close. I love it here and all, by I really can't wait to get out into the mission, in Colombia.
My companion has been having a rough time lately and a as such, I've gotten very familiar with the district president's waiting room. But all is well. I always have plenty to study what with Spanish and the gospel. I love the time I've spent here and really look forward to the future. I can't wait to se what lies around the bend. For example, Conference!
I don't think I've ever been so excited for conference in my life. And this time I'll be watching on hard plastic chairs while wearing a suit. So, Eli, don't whine about getting dressed up for priesthood session. You ain't got nothing. I challenge all of you to watch conference with specific questions in mind, and as you receive answers, to write them down. It is not so important to write down what is said as what is felt. I'd love to hear what you get out of it. Love you all very much and you are all in my prayers.
-Elder Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment