Saturday, April 10, 2010

Conference was awesome!!!

Mi familia,

The title says it all. Conference was amazing. I think that this was by far one of the best conference experiences that I've ever had. It really didn't seem like I spent 10 hours in a suit sitting on a hard plastic chair. It seemed like it was only 10 minutes long and left me wanting so much more. I think my favorite was President Uchdorf's talk on Sunday morning about hands that help. We need to commit to be that person who is there to lift those around us, we need to be His hands, do what he would do if here were here now. That is our responsibility as members of this church. Also, really cool with the new Duty to God stuff. I'm sure Dad, Eli, and soon to be Jonah (yikes), will all love it very much. Can't wait to hear the full details on it.

I also loved how there was such a focus on family this conference. I am thankful for the help that you all gave me in my life, for how you gave me a testimony of the gospel. Good job with all you did. I love how well you nailed Elder Perry's counsel to "teach children in the home". Homeschooling, epic win. I owe so much to you for the help and advice you gave me in times of need, and the support and encouragement in all my endeavors. Keep up the good work. Testify of your knowledge of the gospel to your children, do it spontaneously and do it often. As missionaries, we are challenged to contact those we come across. I challenge you to contact your children. Know their concerns, know their desires. I love you all so very much and this conference has helped me to realize how my much my life has been blessed by you.

In other news, guess what I'm going to get tomorrow. If you guessed travel plans, than you get a gold star! I'm so excited to be heading to my mission. I'll let you know all the details in my next message. I have less than two weeks left here at the MTC, and then, to Colombia. ^_^ I love this opportunity to share the gospel and to spread the message of the restored gospel. I can't wait to go and invite others to come unto their Lord and Savior, Jesucristo. Sé que este evangelio es verdadero. Testifico que José Smith fue un profeta de Dios. Sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Sé que mediante el evangelio restaurado que familias vivan por eternidad.

Les quiero.

-Elder Rallison

--
John 14:27
PS. Yesterday was the 180th anniversary of the Church. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment