Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last MTC P-day

Hola mi familia,

Buenos tardes del CCM por la ultima vez. Yep, this is the last email from the MTC. I am flying out early Tuesday morning for Colombia. I've got a layover in Georgia, so I'll try to call home while I'm there. Meanwhile, things here seem to be going faster and faster as the weeks go by. If the rest of my mission keeps going by at this rate, my mission will be incredibly short. I love this opportunity that I have to serve and to spread the gospel. If ever there is anyone who is not sure if they should serve, let me tell you, so far it has been the greatest learning experience of my life. And I haven't even hit the field yet. Yeah, it's that good.

This past Friday my companion was playing volleyball and hurt his ankle. At first they thought it was broken. so we got to leave the MTC and go to the BYU health clinic for X-rays. It was really wired being in the waiting room and watching all these people who weren't missionaries all around me. Then, when they found that it wasn't broken, but was in fact just a really bad sprain, they sent us back. So for the first three days my companion was limping around on crutches. Then, he had a couple of us give him a blessing. Now, he can walk around just fine (without crutches) and without much pain either.

Saw Elder (Hans) Larson at the temple on Sunday and talked to him for ahwile about the MTC, our respective languages, etc. Was really cool seeing him. He leaves in about two weeks.

Also, we had an awesome fireside on Sunday. It was a musical fireside by the BYU Men's Chourus. It was sweet. They were problably one of the best sets of singers I have heard in my life. They are also apparently the largest men's choral group in the USA, probably the world. The musical fireside was amazing. They sang several hymns, several psalms, a Native American creation song, several African-American worship songs, etc. All songs were arranged in the coolest manner possible. Seriously, look them up on iTunes or something. Check it out. It's some good stuff.

I love this gospel. I love the peace and guidance that I brings to me and to those around me. I look and see hundreds of men and women everyday who have had their lives touched by this gospel and want to share this light with the world. This work is amazing and I am so happy that I am able to be a part of it. A couple days ago I got a letter from Mom about being grateful. It really touched me and, after I prayed, for the rest of the night I just felt giddy and happy. I was prancing around the room singing, "tengo gozo en mi alma hoy!!!". Such is the life of a missionary. Highest highs and lowest lows.

That's about it for now. Love you all lots!!!
-Elder Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment