Thursday, February 3, 2011

So tired.....

This week has been a long one. Fun, but long. And very, very busy. So I passed Thursday traveling from one side of Bogota to the other for a special appointment and then I went and got sick. I spent all of Friday sick in bed with some flu bug. That was really fun. So, because my companion and I were out of action for two days (three if you count P-day, four if you count Monday as well.) we were working like maniacs all Saturday. We left the house at ten and worked straight until nine without even taking break for lunch. We did a lot day and even more on Sunday. In the end, we met all our goals after having done the work of one week in two days. That was hard, but in the end one of the most satisfying things I have ever done.

I had interchanges with Elder Porflit on Monday. Enjoyed it a lot too, because he is one of my best friends here in the mission. We both have the same amount of time in the mission and he was in my first district when I was in Zipaquirá. He has changed a lot. He's got a better manner of teaching and working as well as a little bit more belly. He is the funniest, craziest, and best Chilean that I have ever met. He said I have changed a lot too. Why is it that you can rarely see the changes in you? Only see those in others. Ah well.

We are having a lot of success with our investigators and we are putting forth our best effort to get them baptized. I believe the key lies in their testimony of the Book of Mormon, so we are going to be swinging by their houses to verify how each one is going with said commitment. I want Oscar baptized, but he still has a few fears that we need to address before he takes the plunge. He is great and is especially interested in the temple. I think we'll be taking him there for a special lesson.

Speaking of the temple, I got to go this morning. Yep, here in Bogota we are very lucky to live within an hour of the temple and have a chance to visit every three months. It was really something to go back, as the last time I was there was about seven months ago and with much less Spanish than now. This time I got a lot more out of it and had a hard time leaving the celestial room when it was time to go. I think I was the last to leave. Spent the rest of the day running errands and getting ready for transfers, which are this Sunday. I can't believe that it is that time again.
Really, the mission goes by so fast. In two weeks, I hit my hump day (Feb 17), that point at which I have a year behind and a year to come. Everyone says that the second is a lot faster than the first, but having seen how fast the first was, i can't see how it is possible that the second could be faster. The other thing that goes by really fast is internet time. Got to be going, will write you next week.

Love ya´ll
Elder (Gabe) Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment