Thursday, February 24, 2011

Conference and more....

This past week I have started out in a new calling! I am now the pianist for the stake choir. Oh joy. Better, I have to be ready by the thirteenth of March. Yep. And these are hard pieces too. An arrangement of "If you could hie to Kolob" and another five page arrangement of "Army of Helaman/As Sisters in Zion". And as a missionary, there isn't much time for practice. Pray for me, I have to play in stake conference in front of the stake and General Authorities.

On a lighter note, we had zone conference the past two days (Monday and Tuesday). We were practicing everything from Preach my Gospel Simplified. It was really cool, we had everything from Subway sandwiches to practices of Spirit-inspired questions to a human pyramid. And best of all, it was very spiritually edifying. Learned a lot and had a lot of great opportunities to put what I know in practice. Sister Hacking didn't make it, as she was home recovering from a broken arm. Ouch.

Aside from that....nada. We've been working our hardest to bring souls to Christ in the last few days, and finally, we are beginning to see results. That makes me very happy. One thing I've notice lately is that those who really progress are those who really read and try to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. If that isn't important to them, they'll never do it and they'll never really become converted. I would like to invite each of you to pull out your book of Mormon, dust it off (hopefully this step isn't necessary), read it (I would recommend the Introduction, 3 Nephi 11, Moroni 10, or 2 Nephi 31 just to name a few ideas. Better, start at the beginning and read to the end), next think about what you just read (really think about it and apply it to you), then with faith, a sincere heart, and real intent, ask your Father in Heaven if this book is really true. I know it is. That's the reason I'm here. I don't care if you already know it is true, ask God again, and in so doing reinforce your testimony. I now have a habit of doing it almost every time I read.

Love you all,

-Elder (Gabe) Rallison

No comments:

Post a Comment